We're now an official GEP/GTP dealer

All vendors are encouraged to promote great deals to the H1 community.

We're now an official GEP/GTP dealer

Postby ericward » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Yup, we're now officially a "dealer" of a car brand that hasn't existed in 10 years. Lol.

Although we have always used OEM parts (unless there was actually a better alternative available) we are now a "dealer" for AMG's GEP engines (specifically the P400 turbo diesel) and OEM transmissions. A year ago or so all of the AMGeneral dealers were told they could not buy GEP parts anymore other than through AMG's supply chain and they do not carry the P400 or a lot of other parts. GEP came out to our facility to work through a project with us and we ended up becoming a dealer and we are able to provide these parts that other AMG dealers can't provide. If you were to call Lynch Hummer for example and try to buy a P400 engine they couldn't sell it to you but we can.

We are working on a new product line with AMG's engineering group as well that will be exiting for lots of Hummer and HMMWV owners. I do not have a time line for when these products will be available but it shouldn't be too long. We'll update the Hummer community here as this project progresses and becomes available. We will also be doing a proper marketing commercial with Dyad Films (who we have worked with for years) as well to properly market this great product line. So at least something is happening with new product development and we are so happy to be part of it!
303.960.6676 Mobile
Eric@BigDogOffroad.com

Our Website: www.BigDogOffroad.com

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BigDogOffroad
ericward

Re: We're now an official GEP/GTP dealer

Postby westhedoorman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:10 pm

Great news! I am super pleased with my p400 and I am looking at a 2nd truck now that might potentially be needing one also. So If someone needs a P400 long lock they order it through you and get the rest of their stuff through HPG? I suggest posting pricing and lead time on your website and whether or not shipping is included. One click ordering like on Amazon.
97.5 HMCS, P400, 20 bolt rims- HDPE beadlocks- 37" Toyo Open Country MT's
westhedoorman

Postby westhedoorman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:34 pm

I have not really seen many trucks with a p400 for sale, but I was wondering if anyone has an idea about how much a p400 increases the value of a Hummer? I was thinking it would make a truck worth about $10,000 more, because I really don't want a truck with an at risk block.
97.5 HMCS, P400, 20 bolt rims- HDPE beadlocks- 37" Toyo Open Country MT's
westhedoorman

Postby Spartan Offroad » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:23 pm

westhedoorman wrote: I was wondering if anyone has an idea about how much a p400 increases the value of a Hummer? I was thinking it would make a truck worth about $10,000 more, because I really don't want a truck with an at risk block.

I guess it would depend a lot on who did the work and what if any reputation they have. A "new motor" means many different things to many different people. When I did he motor in my '95 I also changed out everything associated with it, starting from the fuel pump, ending at the tail pipe and everything in between. I suspect many shops will change a motor and attach all the old accessories to the new motor. I would rather buy an "at risk" block and do the work myself (like you did) then a truck where a motor was previously dropped in and now I have to try and figure out what corners were cut and why.
2006 HMDS Mystic Green
1997 HMCO, DropTop Chicken Box
1995 HMC4 Stroker Ace
1990 M998, 2 Door
2000 HMCS, Clean & Mean
1993 HMC4 - Under construction...
2001 HMCO, All Stock
Sold: 2002 HMCS, 2001 Alpha Vision, 1997.5 HMC4
Spartan Offroad

Return to H1 Vendor News