Warning Shop Work in Colorado

Document your truck upgrades and maintenance online in 1 easy place.

Warning Shop Work in Colorado

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:41 am

Warning! Had work done several times by a local shop in Colorado. PM me if you would like more info. Just be weiry on who you decide to chose to do your service on your rig. I was charged for services that were not even completed. Services that after completion are some how now faulty and not the shops fault etc. So again do a lot of research first...
Steve

Re: Warning Shop Work in Colorado

Postby ericward » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Your post is completely bullshit and this is why we have permanently refused to work with you again. PLEASE take me to court so the judge will laugh in your face and this will at least be moderated by a neutral 3rd party. Your refund check was sent last week (was likely received Monday or Tuesday this week) for the honest mistake but the rest of your bullshit is completely false and misleading. You have ALWAYS had your hand out looking for everything for free and now that your 137xx mile #8 cylinder engine has cracked you somehow think this is my fault and you're looking for a complete refund of a job we not only completed but also discounted for you as well. We provided a written estimate about a week before you ever brought the truck in and that amount didn't change. Then we threw in additional parts and a substantial amount of additional labor and you're still looking for more stuff for free. We bend over backwards for our customers.......I hope several of them reply to this bullshit thread about your completely false bullshit post. We don't need customers like you and we will NEVER do any work for you again.

Also, in your effort to slander us you have posted this same stupid thread on every facebook page screaming out for someone to listen to you cry. I'm glad I don't have any ex-girlfriends with this much drama.....you've got more drama than a high school volleyball team.
303.960.6676 Mobile
Eric@BigDogOffroad.com

Our Website: www.BigDogOffroad.com

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BigDogOffroad
ericward

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello everyone sorry for his rank! Eric, If you noticed I did not say who did the work or the name of the company. You decided to do that just now with your reply instead of thinking first. Vulgar language is not what we need here in this forum. You stated that you sent me a refund check for work that you said you did and charged me for correct... That has not arrived as of yet. Ill check it today when the postal service arrives. As for your statement I have a crack in the #8 cylinder that would not be accurate. When I brought my truck into you for service we agreed on a New Fuel Injector Pump and 8 New Injectors. Big Dog Offroad only replaced the injector pump. You did not replace the injectors, lines etc that I called you out on. That is the only reason you acknowledged that you had not completed all the work. I go to pick up my truck and it's Knocking, Smoking and leaking fluid. So it was worse then when I brought it in. Initially it was idling funny and smoking (Little smoke and not leaking at all. You diagnosis the knocking as a crack in the #8 cylinder and tried to gear me towards a new engine when in fact is was the #5 Fuel injector that you didn't replace. $200 dollars verses 16k you were trying to suggest. You stated that I was always looking for something FREE. Thats odd considering in the past year and several months I've spent almost 20k at your shop. Free huh.... You will not have to worry about me utilizing your services again. Hope this helps everyone else thats the only reason why I posted in the first place was due to shops and attitudes like this. Thank you everyone for listening.
Steve

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:40 pm

Eric, Each time you post a reply it just shows how professional you really are. Sorry everyone.
Steve

Postby ericward » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Steve wrote:Eric, Each time you post a reply it just shows how professional you really are. Sorry everyone.

STEVE - PLEASE just sue me. You said you were going to call your attorney so PLEASE do and have them laugh at you as well. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sue me, this way a neutral 3rd party (who will hear the case from both sides) can tell you you're full of it. Stop crying online, no one wants to hear your drama. We provide quality parts & service to the Hummer community and we go the extra mile for our clients (just as we have for you for a long time). We make mistakes, we don't walk on water, we are not perfect......but we make our mistakes right when we do screw up and that's what matters. WE ABSOLUTELY, UNEQUIVOCALLY, DID NOT SCREW UP HERE. Please just go to the HML and stir up drama there, those guys love this stuff and will get all hot & bothered about it. That entire forum is full of people just like you. Go cry there.
303.960.6676 Mobile
Eric@BigDogOffroad.com

ericward

Postby Ian Ward » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:59 pm

I read this thread and I'm still confused. I have not talked to my brother and have no clue what's going on with this truck. I do know and injection pump, injectors, lines etc. have nothing to do with a time bomb engine block cracking. Regardless of how much money you spent or what other repairs you've done recently has nothing to do with the engine cylinder block cracking. I will call my brother and get the story later but for now this sounds like i need to get some cheese for this wine.
Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
Iandanielward@yahoo.com
Ian Ward

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:26 am

Ian, To answer your question (Since you are asking). There is NO crack in the #8 cylinder. That was a guess for the knocking and excessive smoke that was coming out. The knock was actually a #5 Injector that was bad. Had it replaced and the knocking and the excessive smoke has went away. I was told I had engine damage and that I would need to get a new engine. Long story short my Injector Pump that was replaced is leaking and I just wanted your brother to make it right. But instead... well you've seen how he has responded to the situation. Cheese really, Im just stating facts.
Steve

Postby ericward » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Steve wrote:....bla bla bla, same old bullshit, crying to ANYONE who will listen, bla bla bla............But instead... well you've seen how he has responded to the situation. Cheese really, Im just stating facts.

Steve, first of all YOU are the one stirring up drama here. Yes, we somehow forgot to replace your injectors (I ordered 3 sets, 2 came in, somehow we didn't install yours, and when I realized the problem last week I issued a refund immediately (on Friday).

I know it's far-fetched to think that your Hummer could actually have more than one issue at a time. Yes, you needed fuel injectors (which is why we included them on your written estimate and then refunded them as soon as I realized we screwed up). We did the right thing. The part is a new OEM part (not like the Chinese reman ones you sent me).

After installing the IP (when I assumed the new injectors were also installed) it was knocking and smoking intermittently. We replace the crank position sensor for free (parts and 3 hours labor for free) and then discovered your coolant system has excessive pressure when cold-started and ran for 90 seconds (some people call this a #8 cylinder test, you can call it whatever you want). Then when I installed a bleed-down test gauge on the coolant system you were also losing coolant pressure as well yet no coolant was landing on the ground. That sweet maple syrup smell that you smelled and white smoke could be a #8 cylinder leaking coolant into the cylinder but since my x-ray vision goggles are broken (I'm waiting on the SnapOn truck to bring a new set and my magic wand that has been on back-order forever) I have to just rely on experience to tell me you have engine issues. Of course the only way to know for sure is to remove the engine, remove the heads, and look at it but in the meantime I'm just going to go by what I know to be a cracked #8 cylinder (or head gaskets, it's basically the same symptoms).

You want everything for nothing Steve and I'm over it. You said "I've spend $20,000 [at our shop]" and actually that's a lie too. I went back and looked, here's your service history:
Bought the truck near May/June 2015. We had serviced the truck for it's previous owners and when you called me before you bought it and I told you what I knew it needed but I did not charge for a pre-purchace inspection of course. You negotiated with the seller based on the info I provided to discount the selling price of the vehicle. Then after you bought it here is your service history in a nutshell:
6.3.15 - $1300 ticket: Rd lightbar, LED lightbar (which I discounted heavily of course), install
7.2.15 - $6k. This was those service items I mentioned when you bought the truck. Hub seals, a new differential case with reusing your internals because you didn't even want to buy a e-locker (the bolts holding in the diff to the hanger bracket backed out and damaged the threads in the diff case), fix a no-start condition (starter and battery cables), C-service, and some electrical work.
8.20.15 - Vehicle towed in and wouldn't start. Diagnosed the issue FOR FREE and replaced your fuel lift pump 8.25 for $143 total including diagnostic, parts, and labor. Btw, the part it's self was $111 so you can assume the labor we did for diagnostic and install was heavily discounted (we billed 15 minutes labor total) AND replaced your Chinese starter again under warranty and didn't even charge you any labor to do that either. You're welcome.
10.7.15 - $565: Replaced all 8 glow plugs (including labor), replace GPC, and replaced your CDR valve. We hooked you up on labor and sold you the CDR valve for about 1/3 of the list price. This ticket also included a door seal.
11.4.15 - $541: Vacuum pump and pulley, installed. Agai, we didn't even charge you for diagnostic (and tracing down vacuum issues is a pain in the butt by the way).
12.15.15 - $2398: Brake pads, several LED lightbars, RD switch panel, and install of all of that (we billed 3.75 hours for all that labor by the way. Again, you're welcome.
5.13.16 - $248: Geared hub oil leak.
7.5.16: $5500 Fuel IP (which had been "going out" for at least 6 months), Rd ladder, crank position sensor (for free, which I offered because I was sure the knock was causing this). And I hooked you up on the labor as well, like always.

So since you've owned the vehicle I'd estimate you spend about $7000-7500 in maintenance (not including adding accessories) and probably $5k of which you knew about before buying the truck. So when you say "I've spent $20,000 there" you're not only lying but you're also making it sound as if you spend $20k on maintenance. When we found your engine to be cracked I even offered to sell you a new engine at cost (plus standard labor). I've send my techs to your house and your office SEVERAL TIMES for FREE road calls (it's a 2-3 hour drive round trip depending on traffic, 2 hours is with no traffic). I have always tried to take care of you (like we do with all of out clients) but you always expect everything done for free (either actually for free or where we made no profit at all. Profit keeps our doors open by the way).

So Steve, I am so happy to say: please find another repair facility for your vehicle. Also, please stop crying. The ONLY people who love crying and drama, especially when you are completely lying about several things and blowing everything out of proportion is the HML. Please go post there, those 12 guys love this kind of stuff. Since the rest of us don't like drama and realize that just because someone has a complaint (like when you slander me on every public forum, every facebook group page, and even ask everyone to private message you for more into)....it doesn't mean it's a valid complaint. At this point please either sue me or shut the fuck up and stop crying to anyone who will listen. We run an honest business and we're not perfect but when we make mistakes I own up to them and resolve them (just as I did with your accidental over-charge which I refunded last week (the check should be in your mailbox either on Monday or Tuesday this week.....today is Thursday, go check your mail box).
303.960.6676 Mobile
Eric@BigDogOffroad.com

ericward

Postby ericward » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:47 pm

So after processing a refund for this former client (the refund was processed 8.26.16) the customer th fraudulently disputed his credit card change in an effort to steal money back from our company. This is both fraudulent and criminal from Mr Trowbridge. Since this customer went online on every single forum, Facebook page, etc to rub my company name in the dirt even though this had already been resolved now that is he committing fraud (which is a criminal action) I thought I might as well post his response to when I call him out on being fraudulent. The funny thing is this guy almost never communicates by phone, it's always by text message (even if he's texting me and I call him to discuss just like my little sister he will ignore he call and text me right back). So without posting the entire convo to defend my reputation he was trying to rub in the mud here is a screen shot of his reply to when I call him out on his criminal actions.
Attachments
image.png
303.960.6676 Mobile
Eric@BigDogOffroad.com

ericward

Return to H1 Build Threads